Keeping a house clean can be one heck of a challenge, and to be honest, include me in the group of people who are not very good at it. I mean, it’s not that I can’t clean, it’s just that I’m lazy about it. So if you show up at my house unannounced, there’s a very high possibility that it will be very dirty and untidy. You’ll find clothes all over the floor, dust on pretty much everything, and the washroom? Ugh… washrooms are the worst!
I’m definitely not the only one that absolutely hates cleaning the washroom. Ironically, with all of the gross germs that it harbours, the washroom may very well be the place that needs the most cleaning. So when I finally do force myself to clean my washrooms, what’s the best and most efficient way to do it?
Thanks to HouseholdHacker, we have 7 amazing washroom cleaning hacks to make your washroom its cleanest with the least amount of time and effort as possible! And as if that wasn’t good enough, he uses a lot of items that you probably already have lying around in your home. These cleaning tricks include:
- Cleaning your toilet by pouring vinegar in the tank, scrubbing down the bowl with vinegar, and flushing (skip to 1:57 of the video to see the full details!)
- Cleaning your mirrors with newspapers and tea
- Removing water stains on fixtures with the acid from lemons
- Washing nasty toothbrush holders and soap dispensers in the dishwasher
- Keeping your toilet brush clean by adding all-purpose cleaner to the holder (this is genius!)
For all the details and more washroom cleaning hacks, check out this brilliant video below. And don’t forget to share this story with your family and friends!
Nobody likes a dirty house but most of us lead busy lives. After working all day most of us just want to curl up and relax. However, keeping your house well maintained does not have to be a daunting task. There are various things you can do, easily, to have a spotless home without investing endless hours into the upkeep. Here are 25 tricks for keeping your home in tip-top shape. From cleaning the washing machine to polishing your stainless steel appliances, almost every task has an easy cleaning solution that can be accomplished with items you already have around the house. Best of all, they save both time and money.
1. Microwave sponge for two minutes on high: This kills most of the germs and bacteria growing on it. This only works for nonmetallic sponges (via Penn State University).
2. Clean your toaster: Most people never clean this gadget, and maybe it’s because they don’t know how to. Click here to learn how.
3. Clean your sink’s drain: Just look below. That’s what most people’s sinks look like. It’s time to clean it. Instructions here.
4. Make your iron look new: All you really need is some salt. Instructions here.
5. Refresh your mattress: Instructions here.
6. Use fabric softener wipes to clean your baseboards (via Apartment Therapy).
7. Use waxed paper to prevent water spots and finger prints (via In This Crazy Life).
8. Secret to remove any carpet and mattress stain (via As We Grow Blog).
9. Still can’t remove carpet stains? Use an iron! Full instructions here.
10. Use a microfiber cloth to clean off lightbulbs (via Martha Stewart).
11. Remove toilet ring without scrubbing: Take a piece of Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser, drop it in the toilet overnight, and you’ll wake up to no ring.
12. How to make your house smell like heaven: Put two caps full of vanilla extract in a coffee cup, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. Within twenty minutes the whole house smells like Heaven (via lifehacker).
13. This is how you clean vintage paintings: Seriously. Click here for the full instructions.
14. Use a sock to clean blinds: Full instructions here.
15. Lemonade Kool-Aid = dishwasher cleaner: One packet will remove lime deposits and iron stains (via Real Simple).
16. Clean your dryer vents:Dryers are one of the leading causes of house fires. Clean them every six months! Click here for instructions.